Friday, April 10, 2009

I got my Jing on!

I have been Jinging for a while now, and I think it is my absolute favorite productivity tool. I have used it with numerous techs to help them help me troubleshoot, and they love it when I send them a Jing video showing step by step what stupid thing I (or the technology I'm using) is doing to screw things up. I have started to use it with library instruction classes as part of an enrichment piece in the Blackboard course site or elsewhere. I use it in IM reference sessions to show a quick tip or trick. I also make use of it a lot in the online class I teach to show students how to do something, or explain something complicated about the course. My only complaint is the free version's five minute limit, which, while good enough most of the time, is occasionally too short.

Here is an example of a quick video made to show how to use Find Articles:

http://www.screencast.com/users/stschabrun/folders/Jing/media/9f245c88-d40a-4c07-87fb-ed1792159c7b

No comments:

Post a Comment